Friday, May 5, 2017

books and books and books || PART III



This list covers only a few of my favorite books. There are more, and still more that I will add to as I read more. Check out LiterateAdventurer for book inspiration or to check out some of the books I am reading and like to read.

just a few of MY FAVORITE BOOKS
and because I still really like lists, I've organized my favorite books into genre categories, and then alphabetically by title

MYSTERY
Destination Unknown (Agatha Christie)
Half Moon: Investigations (Eoin Colfer)
Lord Arthur Savile's Crime (Oscar Wilde)
Murder Must Advertise - Lord Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)
The Man Who Was Thursday (G.K Chesterton)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (G.K. Chesterton)
The Pale Horse (Agatha Christie)

HISTORY
Assignment Churchill (Walter Henry Thompson)
John Adams (David McCullough)
The Art of Intelligence (Henry A. Crumpton)
The Federalist Papers (Madison, Hamilton, and Jay)
The Heart and the Fist (Eric Greitens)

HISTORICAL-FICTION
Johnny Tremain (Esther Forbes)
The Daughter of Time (Josephine Tey)
The Scarlet Pimpernel (Baroness Orczy)

FICTION
Around the World in 80 Days (Jules Verne)
Phantases (George MacDonald)
The Hobbit (J.R.R Tolkien)
The Wind in the Willows (Kenneth Grahame)

RELIGION/PHILOSOPHY
Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book About a (Really) Big Problem (Kevin DeYoung)
Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis)
Pilgrim's Progress (John Bunyan, edited by C.J. Lovik)
Resilience (Eric Greitens)
The Lost Tools of Learning (Dorothy L. Sayers)
The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis)

Let me know what other book-related things you'd like to see! More posts on books coming soon.


all text and all images © 2017 Footprints in the Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-