Sunday, March 1, 2015

drive - Formerly List


My life is anything but peaceful. The photo above was taken during a spontaneous drive I took into the country. I had a lot on my mind, and needed some space. Those are the car rides where I have no destination, but simply just get in my car and drive. When there's big decisions you're facing, an overwhelming school load you're trying to balance with work, or the daunting prospect of change just around the corner, it takes a load of your mind to simply drive it off. Let it go for just 20 minutes, laying it at the feet of the Master and saying "my times are in Your hands" (Psalm 31:15). 

I've also found it helps to create lists of the little things in your life. I notice less my own circumstances and instead appreciate what I've been given and who He's placed in my life by documenting in list format such things.


So enjoy some of my formerly lists. And remember that even though you may be overwhelmed and may feel that you can't study, can't do your work, can't sleep for fear you'll run out of time, you can find comfort in the fact that 
your times are in HIS hands.


And guess what? Through it all, He's making you more like Jesus.


___________ FORMERLY LISTS___________

Songs I've been listening to
Best of Me by Michael Bublé
Brother - feat. Gavin DeGraw by NEEDTOBREATHE
Dangerous (feat. Sam Martin) by David Guetta
Fire by Gavin DeGraw
I Need You by Daniel Doss Band
Vienna by Billy Jean

Books I am Reading (when I have the time)
Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815 (Gordon Wood)
The Complete Father Brown (G.K. Chesterton)
The Lost Tools of Learning (Dorothy L. Sayers)
The Idea of America: Reflections on the Birth of the United States (Gordon Wood)
Gentleman Captain (J.D. Davies)

Things I wish I was doing right now
going on an adventure, anywhere
sleeping
reading the books I aforementioned
writing and researching for my fiction piece (details coming soon)
sitting on the seashore, watching the sun go down
sailing
anything. but. school.

Oddities on my bed stand

my passport
stack of notes on all manner of things
Sevenly stickers
a bottle of Sanpellegrino Aranciata Rossa (blood orange seltzer)
iPod and headphones (ask me what I'm listening to right now)
at least 12 books I'm sort of reading, a few of them mentioned above

Titles of Future Blog Posts (within the next week or so)
a bit of story writing
meadow-sweet freshness || Wind in the Willows
less about me, and the art of numbers


All text © 2015 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2015 Charity Klicka Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-