Sunday, February 22, 2015

Living Boldly - Muses

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Well, if you've seen my New Years' post, you'll know I've dared myself to live more boldly this year. I don't want to put myself in a box; if you would, I don't wish to put God in a box. I'm not going to let my fears cripple me and keep me back from being available for His purpose. 
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”AndrĂ© Gide

I'm putting my best foot forward and taking each step with courage in my heart and hope in my Savior. I will face failures this year, that is guaranteed. But I know that true courage rests in the willpower to continue despite all. For "[s]uccess is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts" (Winston Churchill)

Also in my New Year's post, I dedicated this year with the prayer by Francis Drake. One particular bit of his prayer clearly illustrates the cry of my heart going into this year: "Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly, To venture on wilder seas. Where storms will show Your mastery; Where losing sight of land, We shall find the stars."

Furthermore, I know the enemy will strike. He already has, and it hurt like heck. But the hard and the pain and the whisperings in my ear that I'm not good enough and shan't ever be have only given me the resolve to have "the courage to say to [my] enemies, 'There is a price [I] will not pay.' There is a point beyond which they must not advance" (Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964 Speech; A Time For Choosing), and to have the courage to say do your worst! I am not fighting this battle alone.

This year, my heart says courage (Joshua 1:9 & Deuteronomy 31:6). This year, I am choosing to not shrink under the weight of my fears nor under the lies of those who seek to destroy my resolution. I'm embracing the courage to have a "strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die" (G.K. Chesterton). I'm giving my all, holding nothing back.

Heart, take courage!
All text © 2015 Footprints in the Sand | All Images ©  sourced above; and all chosen to convey a deep sense of courage and venturing on "wilder seas" (Francis Drake). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-