Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ART CHALLENGE



So I've being doing this challenge since January and it has to do with art. Did I grab your attention? But really, it's actually been an incredibly exciting challenge and a lot of fun to do. It's the kind of challenge that has allowed me to focus more extensively on my art (that of painting, photo-making, sketching, collaging, etc) and has helped me to love on a bunch of folks. Below is my challenge "contract" that I posted on Facebook January 17th.

"I hereby promise to make a small work of art for the first 15 people who comment on this post and say "YES, I want in." A like alone is not enough of a commitment, nor is a comment without the specific wording. You may in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first 10 who comment on your status.
{Art is about freedom, not requirements. So for this post, you DO NOT have to do it for someone else. You'll just receive the art from me, and can choose to repost this status.}
*The rules are simple: it has to be your work, made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends."

So it's been a lot of fun creating unique pieces of art of my different Facebook friends. I'm going to do this challenge every year, and next year I'll open it up to all my jolly friends here on the blog. Would you want a unique, handmade piece of art from me? Comment below or tweet/email me.

Here are a few artistic muses (photography, sketches, painting, typography etc) from the last couple of months, some of which were given away for this particular art challenge:


I apologize, the coloring on this photo is a little bright.


Hope you enjoy and whatnot!

All text © 2014 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2014 Charity Klicka Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-