Wednesday, June 4, 2014

summer bucket list - 2014


Now for some of you, a bucket list is a specific (and detailed) list of do's for that current year. Well this particular bucket list is made up of more general yet still particular ideas for the next year (that is, until the beginning of next Summer). I know that it is ultimately not up to me whether I do any of this or not. But I do know that I am meant to have dreams and aspirations for the future (the next year, specifically), and so here they are: 

my bucket list 1, in mixed sentences 
:: note :: I will be adding to this list over the Summer.

  • sleep outside under the stars at least a 10 times
  • complete Etsy branding, including shipping and policies
  • explore somewhere I've never been before 
  • perfect (or at least try to perfect) my frisbee and football throwing skills
  • learn under someone really smart who is an expert or at least really good at what they do
  • help out with someone's small business
  • get into law a little more (internship, classes, workshops etc)
  • do some racing (thinking go-cart)
  • book at least 4 styled/fine art or portraiture photo shoots
  • do something history related, like work at a museum, or intern with a history professor (etc)
  • paint more. lots more. perhaps pack up my paints and go to some really amazing place, have a picnic and just paint
  • go out shooting at least 5 times
  • go sailing again. even just on a lake. or a river?
  • be more innovative in my workplace, and provide original and beneficial ideas to HSLDA 
  • read an entire (thick, mind you) book on Scotland
  • finish all the Lord Peter Wimsey novels I can get my hands on
  • meet Annaliese for the FIRST TIME
  • have lunch with my awesome co-workers at least 10 times
  • write 2 short story (any ideas?)

I just really love adventure, and doing and being. I like life to be full. Full of joy, and trials, of laughter and friendships, of hopes and dreams, and even of falling down and having the courage to get back up. I want to live as if today is my last day (sounds cliche, yes, but it couldn't be more true), and with the thought that each new day is a precious gift from God. I don't know how God will use me this Summer, but I do know that in every situation I am placed in it is my duty (my honor and joy, the essence of my being) to glorify God through it all.

When I am not working this Summer, I want to spend my free time: learning, reading, helping others, volunteering, creating, designing, laughing, spending quality time with friends, singing, driving, going on adventures, and so forth. If you're interested in joining me, let me know!


my bucket list 2, in full realistic sentences

  • Graduate with associates in Liberal Arts/International Studies from NOVA (Spring 2015).
  • Transfer full associates to James Madison University (Spring/Summer 2015).
  • Save significantly for a new car (buying one in the next few months).
  • Move out (details soon).
  • Get at least 80 points (40+ hours) volunteering with Company 12, Lovettsville Fire and Rescue.
  • Work full-time for HSLDA (already doing!)


I'd love to hear some of your summer adventuring ideas! 

All text © 2014 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2014 Charity Klicka Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-