Sunday, April 20, 2014

We have the Victory!


"'O death, where is your victory? 
 O death, where is your sting?'

 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 
 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

-1 Corinthians 15:55-57


Today is Easter Sunday. One of my favorite days of the year! Why? Well because I am reminded today, that much more, of what my Savior has done for me. If you've been reading this blog at all, you'll know that I am absolutely nothing without Him.

There are multiple, multiple posts under my Inspired category that detail the times I've been succumbed with utter dread or overwhelming worry at the status and situation of my life, and the surrounding events. No, my life is not awful or unbearable; but there have been times where I've had no idea how I'll make it to the next day. And you know what? God's grace and love are the only things that have gotten me through. I find Him through beautiful music dancing with words of glory and love; I find Him through a jolly good book filled with courage, truth, joy, and trusting; I find Him in the beautiful, bright faces or truth-filled letters of the dear hearts He's placed in my life; I find Him in the morning as the dew glistens off the grass, in the noontime when a cool breeze blows and ruffles my hair, in the evening when the sun sets in gorgeous arrays of purples, pinks, and oranges. I know Him and find Him in the simple yet glorious things.

Today is one of those overwhelming days like what I mentioned above. One of those days where I just can't see how I'm going to make it to tomorrow. But guess what? Today isn't about me. Today is that glorious day to remember in full detail the awesome, absolutely marvelous truth of Christ dying to redeem us from our sins and His resurrection three days later. Oh dear heart, doesn't that thought overcome all other thoughts you might have of worry, overcome all your fears and frets, all your heart-aches and hurts? 

He is greater still.


He is risen! He is risen indeed!

Regardless of where you're at or what you have to do today, or next week, will you take a moment with me to simply breathe (you must go outside for this to really work) and marvel at the awesome things our glorious Savior has done? 

He died, that we may live. He took on the full wrath of God so that we didn't have to. How glorious! How wonderful! Sure I am stinkin' overwhelmed with upcoming tests, big projects, assignments, and other responsibilities that I must do in the next few days. But see, I also know a wonderful Savior that gave up everything so that I could live forever with Him in heaven one day. 

Now certainly child, that's something grand to celebrate! Eternity with our Savior, the author and perfecter of our faith, forever.

Go outside, dear heart, marvel in our Lord and let your worries and frets go. They have absolutely no significance when compared to the goodness and greatness of our Lord! We have victory in our Lord Jesus Christ! 

All text © 2014 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2014 Charity Klicka Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-