Tuesday, February 11, 2014

4 Ways to Love a Little More this Valentines (Part 1 of 4)

1. Send Valentines to Strangers

Now this Idea is completely new to me, and I've only started this year. But I love writing letters, doing typography and sketching, and creating inspired heart. And what I love more than that is giving that art, inspired designs and musings away! I was perusing twitter (if that's even something you can do) and I came across a tweet someone tweeted about sending handmade valentines to strangers. 

Julia Parris started a site called Handmade Valentine Exchange, where you sign up with your name and address and then are given a list of names/addresses to send handmade valentines to. The deadline to sign up for the 2014 exchange was Feb. 5th (so mark your calendars for next year). I barely got in to sign-up for the exchange. I've already sent out 4 valentines, and am sending the other 5 out today! I've also received my first Valentine yesterday, and it was SPLENDID (it's that fantastic banner in the photo above: "Here's looking at you kid" scrolled on glittery hearts stringed with twine). 

^ So be sure to mark you calenders for next February, and put on your list to send a few handmade valentines. ♥

Also be sure to check out: PART 2, PART 3, PART 4

All text © 2014 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2014 Charity Klicka Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-