Tuesday, March 25, 2014

a tag - because I can.

another fantastic shot from my steampunk senior shoot with :: Jewel Peach Photography

So I've actually never done a tag before, but a lovely friend tagged me in one (and I simply couldn't refuse)! Thank you Rachel for the tag! I'm not sure that I have enough frequent friends in blogging that would be interested in participating in this tag, but if you'd like to do so please do (even if I don't tag you). 

here are the RULES:
  • Share 10 random facts 
  • Answer nominator's questions
  • Set your own questions 
  • Nominate 10 more bloggers

my answers, questions, n' all that

RANDOM FACTS:


>> Windy days make me incredibly giddy, and just plain joyful. And overcast windy days, with the feeling of a storm coming on, are exceptionally wonderful.
>> I greatly enjoy a good bowl of cabbage soup, or a dish of Brussels Sprouts (cooked just so), orjust about any other dish of good ole Irish/Scottish-type grub. I'm kind of attached to my vegetables (if you can't tell). 
>> When I am depressed, anxious, or moody (in general), I like to just randomly drive around. And if you happen to be in the car with me, I'll talk your ear off until we've reached our destination. 
>> Tall socks are my thing.
>> I am a photographer. But as much as I shouldn't be saying this, I don't bring my camera everywhere I go.
>> I can turn any conversation into quoting movie lines. Try me ;)
>> I can do the splits. Betcha didn't know that! 
>> Singing brings me joy. I sing everywhere and anywhere.
>> Procrastination is my archenemy (if that's even possible). 
>> I frankly dislike electronics, more than I probably should. But because I use them for work, school, and the creative world, I must endure it. I'll never be quite content unless I get a good dose of nature everyday.

QUESTIONS ANSWERED: 

1.  Do you like The Princess Bride? Why or why not? I particularly like The Princess Bride because I grew up watching it as a child, and with it just comes a lot of memories. Of course it has an extremely cheesy plotline, the acting is so-so, and the special effects are hilarious in their amateurism. Nevertheless, because I grew up watching it, I love it all the same.

2. Do you have any niecelings or nevvies? Not yet, however my oldest sister is expecting sometime in September! I am very excited to welcome in a little niece or nephew into the family, plus I'll get to be auntie Cherry for the first time! 

3. What is your favorite book genre? I’d have to say historical, historical fiction, and mystery. Although in general I like old novels (Sayers, Dickens, Lewis, Tolkien, Milne, Wodehouse, etc). Once in a while I'll pick up a fiction piece (Phantases by George MacDonald, anyone?), but only when I have more time to spare. Should you be interested to know more about my book musings, you can check out my library for more muses.

4. Who is your favorite British actor? My word, that's hard! Well a few of my favorites (at least of the top of my head) are: Andy Serkis, Billy Connolly, Tom Hiddleston, Luke Evans, and James Nesbitt. And would I be like every other fanatic out there if I said Benedict Cumberbatch? I just happen to really enjoy his kind of acting. That's all I can think of right now (although I am sure I am missing someone).

5. Have you ever read an indie-published novel? Yes indeed! Particularly, I just finished Fly Away Home by Rachel Heffington, and it was quite splendid! I'd say more about it, but I'm not too good with words in that aspect. So just go read the book yourself!

6. Who is your favorite non-christian musical artist? One of my particular favorites is Sleeping At Last. Singer and songwriter, Ryan O'Neal, has absolutely outdone himself with awe-inspiring masterpieces of lyrical beauty. Cinematic in nature, his songs capture the heart of his listeners with rapture at the simplicity and brilliance of his songs. A few of my other favorites are Russell Watson, The Tenors, Philip Philips, and Michael Bublé.

7. Do you wear nail polish? If so, what's your favorite brand/color? I do wear nail on occasion. But I don't have any specific brand favorites. However, when it comes to colors, I like to do blues (although this color isn't always very professional), corals and salmon colors, and yellow for summertime. 

8. Who is your favorite fashion blogger? One of my current favorite fashion bloggers is Framboise Fashion. She's got a really fun, quirky kind of style that intrigues me.


MY QUESTIONS
1. Tea or Coffee?
2. Ideal Job?
3. If you could live in any era, which would it be?
4. Which Literary character(s) do you most identify with?
5. Favorite painter(s)?
6. If you could have any pet in the world (regardless if it's tame or not), what would it be?
7. If you could meet one actor/actress (past or present) and ask them one question, who would it be and what would you ask them?
8. Rain or Snow? Why?
9. If you could recommend one book to every person you know, what book would that be?
10. If you could change your name (first, middle, and last) or create a pen name, what would it be?

TAGGED
(even if you're not tagged, you are absolutely welcome to join along)

MaryRachel B | Lhen | Susanna | Sarah Elizabeth | Chloë | and anyone else!

If you end up doing this tag, I'd love for you to comment below with your link! 

All text © 2014 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2014 Charity Klicka Photography

1 comment:

  1. I did it! Some of the questions were really hard to come up for an answer with or I had to many answers to pick just one. Thanks for tagging me in yours, I had fun doing it!

    http://susannajacobsen.blogspot.com/2014/04/tagyoure-it-so-am-i.html

    ReplyDelete

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-