Saturday, February 22, 2014

Late Night Muses - Formerly Lists



Formerly lists as in relation to the past two weeks. A musings of my current life.

Songs I've been listening to (pretty often)
Leaving Eden by Brandon Heath
Love Me Again by John Newman
Young Dumb And In Love by Matt Kearney
Soldier by Gavin DeGraw
Who We Are by Imagine Dragons
O Sleep (feat. Ray Lamontagne) by Lisa Hannigan
Beside You by Phildel, James McWilliams
Somewhere Only We Know by Lily Allen

Books I am Reading (when I have the time)
The Style of a Law Firm by Anne Hobson Freeman
The Man Who Was Thursday (reading again!) by G.K. Chesterton
Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
A Better Freedom by Michael Card
Guest of Honor by Deborah Davis
Whose Body? - Lord Peter Wimsey by Dorothy L. Sayers

Things I should be doing right now
Sleeping
Prepping for an exam I've got to take in a few hours
Sleeping
and did I mention sleeping?

Oddities on my bed stand

Notebook pages of mused writings on a manner of things
Stack of index cards
Mint chocolate scented candle from my sis (smells ahhmazing)
Future adventure story synopsis (about 6 pages of in-the-moment inspiration)
24+ books (ask me which ones :)

Future Blog Posts (within the next week)
Summer Bucket List - 2014
Gluten-Free Banana Oat Pancakes - RECIPE
Pride and Prejudice PARTY Details (REVISED - and with lots of goodies!)


So, these are my formerlies. What are some of your lists?

All text © 2014 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2014 Charity Klicka Photography

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Which books? Which books? I'm in the middle of "Bonhoeffer" by Eric Metaxas and when that is finished, will be moving on to reading "Tuck" by Stephen Lawhead and finishing "The Explicit Gospel" by Matt Chandler. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ready for this! haha, it's a loooong list:

      Re-reads:
      1. The Man Who Was Thursday (G.K. Chesterton)
      2. The Pilgrim's Progress (John Bunyan, edited by C.J. Lovik)
      3. The Style of a Law Firm (Anne Hobson Freeman)
      4. Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis)
      5. The Scarlet Pimpernel (Baroness Orczy)
      6. The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis)
      7. The Federalist Papers (Madison, Hamilton, and Jay)
      8. Red Hugh, Prince of Donegal
      9. The Locust Effect (Gary Haugen and Victor Boutros) << Re-reading this to get some statistics and info for a report on human trafficking (and violence) I am working on
      10. The Arabian Nights (one of my favorite children’s book growing up)

      New:
      1. Heart of the Sea (Nathaniel
      2. Nothing Like It In the World (Stephen Ambrose)
      3. Nancy Drew (one of the new ones)
      4. The Twin Dilemma Mystery (Keene)
      5. Whose Body? (Dorothy L. Sayers) << In this book is also included Clouds of Witness, Murder Must Advertise, and Gaudy Night (all of which I haven’t read, and plan on reading)
      6. A Better Freedom (Michael Card)
      7. Pinterest Power (Jason Miles, Karen Lacey) << Something I picked up to help me with work, as I run HSLDA's Pinterest account.
      8. Guest of Honor (Deborah Davis)
      9. Robert’s Rules Simplified (rules of the Court)
      10. Rescuing Ambition (Dave Harvey)
      11. A Crime So Monstrous: Face-to-face with modern day slavery (E. Benjamin Skinner)
      12. The Everlasting Man (G.K. Chesterton)

      Plus at least 4 or 5 magazine/newspaper articles.

      So there you are, 25 (including the four novels in the one Dorothy Sayers book) books + a few newspaper/magazine reads total! Overachiever much?

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your musings, and so much so that I decided to create my own post dedicated to my present musings. :) http://susannajacobsen.blogspot.com/2014/02/afternoon-muses-musings-of-my-current.html

    ReplyDelete

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-