Monday, February 18, 2013

Brain on Vaction



So my brain went on vacation to some remote location, I can't seem to find it anywhere. And there are three essays and an exam with my name on it. And all are due tonight. 

Is this what I get for saying "Bring it 2013!"? I feel as if it were. Well played.

So I am writing this post just as a little update, and to ask for prayers. I am rather stressed, as procrastination can do that to you. And I have so much on my mind, and would rather do anything but write essays (or take an exam). Literally, I want to paint, and write (as in letters), and photograph, and blog (which I am doing currently and shouldn't), and sing, and laugh, and sleep (oh glorious sleep), and really anything else.

Earlier today I was having difficulty writing and bringing history to mind (still am), and so I opened up the Word. The chapter I happened upon was Psalm 16. Although seemingly found at random, the chapter was certainly not so random in how it affected my heart. A few verses specifically stuck out to me, and really encouraged me. 
"I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Psalm 16:8-11).
Through each trial, including essay writing, God gives me strength. I can take Joy because my God is at my right hand. I know the Lord will not abandon me, in school, in relationship, in love, and in life. God is my security. 

So I pray you can take hope, dear reader, that whatever you go through you have security in God. I hope you can find encouragement in my procrastination and stress, and find Joy in He who always holds your hand. 

Have a really jolly evening drinking tea, reading a good book, or just relaxing! Something I cannot do tonight. 

xoxo,
All text © 2013 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2013 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-