Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 8


   Today, I am thankful for books. My word, books. I have so many favorite authors and writers, I don't know where to start. Well, for one the Bible is my absolute favorite book, no doubt about it. My other favorite books don't even belong on the same list. 

   Some of my favorite authors include: C.S Lewis, Charles Spurgeon, Alistair Begg, Chuck Black, Dorthy L. Sayers, Allen French and A.A. Milne. 

    And as for favorite books, my word I have a plethora of them! Here is a few of my absolute favorites (in no particular order): Scottish Chiefs (Jane Porter), The Wind in the Willows (Kenneth Grahame), Lord Peter Wimsey (anything) by Dorthy L. Sayers, The Man Who Was Thursday (G.K Chesterton), The Hobbit (J.R.R Tolkien) and I cannot wait for the MOVIE, Five Children and It (E. Nesbit), Morning and Evening Devotions (Charles Spurgeon and Alistair Begg), Johnny Tremain (Esther Forbes), Taming of the Shrew (Shakespeare), Around the World in 80 Days (Jules Verne), Regina Silsby's Secret War and Phantom Militia (Thomas J. Brodeur), In Freedom's Cause (G.A Henty), The Scarlet Pimpernel (Baroness Orczy), All of C.S Lewis' works (Favorite Narnia is The Magician's Nephew, The Horse and His Boy and The Last Battle) and many, many others


What are some of your favorite authors or books? 

Seek Him First,
All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-