Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 7



   Today I am thankful for wise words. And believe me, there are many. I'll post below a few of my favorite, but I also want to leave some room for you to share!

For starters, these are my three favorite verses:


"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto You."

Matthew 6:33

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

1 Peter 5:6-7

"17 Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. 19 GOD, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer’s; He makes me tread on my high places."

Habakkuk 3:17-19

And here are some favorite quotes (Heads up, these are only just a few out of the many I love):

"The Word of God is like a lion. You don’t have to defend a lion. All you have to do is let the lion loose, and the lion will defend itself.” 
Charles Spurgeon

"Jesus did not come to live as an example of how to die as a martyr, but as a substitute, taking the place that we deserve in order that we might enjoy what we don't deserve. This is good news. Let us tell all our friends!"
-Alistair Begg

"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things; that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour."
- John Newton

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow worm."
-Winston Churchill

"Oh, come on, Pole, buck up. After all, it is an adventure." 
- C.S Lewis, Eustace/SC

“A soap bubble has a scant measure of material in it for its size, and most of us are after the same order. It is greatly for our good to be reduced to our true dimensions.”
-Charles H. Spurgeon

"Falling leaves enrich the soil about the forest trees, would that God our weeping autumn, would yield us fairer springs and larger growths. If but one or two of his people should profit by our afflictions we then will thank Him most heartily."
- Charles Spurgeon

"Never be content with your current grasp of the Gospel. The Gospel is life-permeating, world-altering, universe-changing truth. It has more facets than any diamond. We will never exhaust its depths."

-C.J. Mahaney

"I am only one man, but I am one man. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And what I can do, I ought to do. And what I ought to do, by the grace of God, I will do!"
-Edward Everett Hale, patriot, 1776


"There are no crownbearers in heaven who were not crossbearers on earth."
-Charles Spurgeon

"I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am." 
John Newton 

"If Aslan gave me my choice I would choose no other life than the life I have had and no other death than the one we go to"
-C.S. Lewis, Jewel/LB 


"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less." 
-C.S Lewis

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops." Literally, he is describing my family ;)
-Cary Grant



Again, these are only a few. What are some of your favorite verses, quotes or wise words? Please share.
Thankful,
All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

P.S I am sure you will see these quotes and verses resurfacing throughout this blog before long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-