Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 28


   Today I am thankful for Sue. My sister Susanna, who is one year older than me, has been my best friend since we were in diapers (yeah, pretty much). We've been through a lot. Her and I, playing dress-up, making sand food (like mud-pies, except with sand instead of mud ;), making experimental concoctions in the kitchen, playing spies (and literally being 'partners in crime' ;), painting our nails, putting on makeup and doing girly things, and staying up late watching our favorite TV shows together. And that isn't all, there is a whole lot more, but then I would have to write a book and I don't have time for that currently. :)

   Now she has moved away, is going to college, and is marrying this awesome guy next year. Yes, it is a shift in our close relationship, but that's what real friendship is: Being able to stick close despite distances, or obstacles. So today, and every day, I am thankful for Sue, my bestest friend. 

Who is your best friend? What do they mean to you?

All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-