Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Leadership in the Law


Last summer I had the privilege to participate in the Loudoun County Leadership In the Law Camp. For an entire week I learning about law, practiced mini cases in front of a jury of my peers, and worked on my big case for moot court that weekend. It was an exhilarating, albeit new and slightly intimidating, experience. I met eleven other students who shared (for the most part) a like minded passion for Justice. One girl in particular who I roomed with, she and I became great friends during that week. She is incredibly talented and smart, and I am certain will go on to do great things. I also happened to bump into a friend of my sisters from Patrick Henry College. He is a lawyer now and was chaperoning for one of the nights with the boys cabin. And, each team, I being the Civil Defense, had a real lawyer as their mentor. Let's just say, mine was simply fantastic. We won half of our case, but the experience (in this Moot Court instance) is what counts.

   All in all, it was a time I shall never forget. It sparked in me a renewed interest in law. And though I may never become a lawyer, it reminded me again of the importance of justice and of standing up for what is right. 

All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-