Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11 - yet there is Hope.



   Although I was a young girl when 9/11 happened, I remember it quite clearly. It was all so surreal. Was this really happening? Were the towers really crumbling, with hundreds of people inside? And then came the real question, Why? Why did this happen? And even, how? How could it happen? This is America. All those innocent lives, all those dads never going home to their families, all those moms never getting to hold their children again, all those children never getting to see their mom or dad again (or both). It was hard to process. Even though I didn't lose a loved one in the wreck, I still felt like a little part of me went missing that day.

   Yet we can still have hope in the return of Christ. No more pain, no more hurt, all our tears will be wiped away. And we can also pray. Pray for those who have lost loved ones to 9/11, pray for those who carry on the legacy of those who came before them. We remember, and we pray.

"Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.” 

--President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001.

We shall never forget. May those who live on, continue the legacy of those who have fallen, of the heroes who have gone before.


Seek Him First,
All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I really appreciate it. My prayers go with you as you embark on the new adventures that each day affords!

-Note: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment {via} your most recent post on your blog, as well as on the post you commented on. If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter works best!-