Saturday, September 8, 2012

RECIPE || Almond Smoothie


Although basic sounding, this Almond Smoothie is a delicious mixture of chocolate, bananas, and a healthy dose of oatmeal and Almonds. Great for a healthy and yummy snack at midnight, second breakfast, tea-time, and so forth.

ALMOND SMOOTHIE :: RECIPE
Adapted from Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Smoothie on A Daily Something

INGREDIENTS 

  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 3 tbsp raw oatmeal
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup Almond milk (Raw milk if you do not have Almond milk on hand)
  • 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 8 ice cubes


DIRECTIONS:
1. First blend the liquids, cocoa powder, oatmeal, and almonds. 
2. Then add in the bananas and ice cubes. Add more liquid as needed. 
3. Stick a spoon and stir the mixture just be absoltuely sure it as all blended together (DON'T do this while the blender is on! ;).
4. Pour into a funky glass (I love using mason jars) and slurp through a straw (You must have a straw!) 
4. ENJOYx100!

   
I have made this smoothie countless times. I am diary-free so I use Almond milk (which by the way makes it all the more creamy!), but my brother uses raw milk and he LOVES it. "Hey Charity, can you make me that Almond smoothie for breakfast, just a little glass?"

And the great thing about this recipe is that you can mix it up, try adding dates, coconut oil, other kinds of nuts, protein powder, and so forth. Make it your own. 

You must try it.

All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh I LOVE almond milk smoothies!! This one looks amazing Charity! Just might have my next kitchen adventure figured out!;)

    ReplyDelete

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-