Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thrifting Finds



 I visited a little thrift shop here in Purcellville. 

Blue Ridge Hospice Thrift Store
151 West Main Street
Purcellville, VA 20132 
(540) 751-1680



And I found some lovely items. 

>> An excellent little wooden container, with a ship painting top. 

>> Two books, Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A Milne. My favorite all-time childrens story. And the second book is an older Nancy Drew, titled Murder on Ice. Surprisingly, this is a very interesting title for Nancy Drew, most Nancy Drew's do not have deaths in them (Especially the older ones).

>> Altivo the horse, from The Road to El Dorado. My sister collects Disney characters, so I thought, "Why not?"

And lastly,

>> a clay whale pendent necklace. A WHALE!! Which, by the way, is one of my favorite animals; so I just had to get it. 

All items rung up as:


Wood Nautical Container: $6

Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A Milne $0.25
Murder on Ice by Carolyn Keene $0.25
Altivo the horse $1
Clay Whale Pendant Necklace $6

TOTAL: $13.50

Not bad, eh? And I know I will enjoy them all.


HAPPY THURSDAY!

All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you paid only 25 cents for Winnie the Pooh. AMAZING finds! Time to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-