Sunday, April 29, 2012

A New Kind of Day

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, 
and put their trust in the Lord." 
Psalm 40:3 

   Today is a day of celebrating new life. But more importantly, new life in Him. Today is my birthday. This day is a new starting point in my life. As it were, I am rededicating my life to God again.  


He has made all things new. 
I am a new creation. The old has passed away, behold all things have been made new. 


 It is not as if I have been living away from God all these years, but I feel an urge--on my birthday---to rededicate my life again to God. I want to grow more and more in my Savior. I am turning a new leaf, starting a the next chapter of my life, and there will be many trials yet to face, new challenges that must be overcome; and I do not want to do anything or go anywhere without my Abba Father guiding me all the way. 


 So Lord, this day, I rededicate my life to you. I pray with all my heart that my life will be a testimony of who You are. And that with every last breath I will strive to glorify You in all that I do. All that I am is because of You, and not what I have done. Not my will, O Lord, but Thine be done. 

Take my life and let it be, ever only all for Thee. 

Seek Him First,
All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

2 comments:

  1. hi Charity,

    First of all, Happy Birthday!!!
    Thank God for using your life as an inspiration and encouragement to many (like me). keep doing things for His Glory.

    Have a great day, birthday girl.

    smiles from,
    Lhen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday charity!
    what a great and encouraging post! seriously.
    this is such a good idea.. to rededicate your life, new life, that God has blessed you with back to him.
    hope it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-