Saturday, March 10, 2012

A child at heart

my attempt at
a bit of poetry work.


A CHILD AT HEART IN SOME WAY
by charity klicka

Of course we will grow day by day
But for now I want to remain
  A child at heart in some way.

  I like the way that children play
They dress their dolls as Jack and Jane.
  Of course we will grow day by day.

  See, they don’t care what people say
  They skip and dance down the lane
For they are a child at heart in some way.

They jump up and down the stairway
And pretend they are traveling on a voyage to Spain.
 But of course they will grow day by day.

 They stand in the ocean and feel the spray
 Choo-choo as a train, or fly as a plane
 For they stay a child at heart in some way.

 So when I am older and go on holiday
 I’ll fly through the sky in a real airplane
 For of course we will grow day by day
 But I will stay a child at heart in some way.


How do you remain a child at heart?


All text © 2012 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Charity Klicka Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-