Friday, January 6, 2012

That's what Faith must be

I have to admit that I have been really stressed lately. Stressed, somewhat depressed, anxious, complaining and all around a grump to be with. At this stage in life, all my problems seemed to have caught up with me all at once. There is the house issue: what with the moving, all the fixing up of our house that needs to be done; on top of that there is school and the issue of not being able to get a job until we move {our house has been on the market a few months less than a year}. I start to focus on my problems, and just get to be really stressed. I am anxious a lot, and I always seem to find myself complaining. I really don't like it, believe me. And then sometimes I can't help but find myself wanting more. More than this life. More than the struggles and problems, and all around pain that we experience just about everyday. Then it hit me. I do have more. I have Jesus. And when I have Jesus, I have everything. Faith dear child, I hear his tender voice saying. Do you not know that I will always be here. Have I not told you in my Word. Trust in me. Yes LORD, I understand. You have told me. But why is it that the more I trust You, the more I give my life over to You, the harder it is? 

Then I realize I don't know the answer. Why is it? But see, that is not the question that should be asked. The question I should ask is, "God why is it that the more I fail and mess up, the more you come running to draw me to You?" And you know what the answer is, Because I love you dear child. You are My precious daughter. I love you and I will never forsake you. I will carry you through every storm. 

What a promise. 

True I do not have all the answers. True that life catches up with me and tend to focus on myself and my own problems. But also True that God has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. He has promised that if I cast all my cares on Him, He will sustain me. And you know what? That promise is true for you too. All He asks is that we trust Him. Faith like a child, so tender so mild. 

In my hardtimes, I reminded of this song by Michael Card {one of my heroes}.

That's What Faith Must Be by Michael Card on Grooveshark

 Chorus

To hear with my heart,
To see with my soul,
To be guided by a hand I cannot hold,
To trust in a way that I cannot see,
That's what faith must be.

When the universe fell from His fingertips,
He decided He wanted some fellowship.
But the man and the woman would not submit,
So He made a better way

When the moment was right, He sent His own son,
And He opened the way so that everyone
Could have hope and believe that when time was done,
He'd be able to make us one
Chorus 
To hear with my heart,
To see with my soul,
To be guided by a hand I cannot hold,
To trust in a way that I cannot see,
That's what faith must be.

Now I understand that there is a key.
It's Jesus in me, a reality,
That God is in Christ, and that Christ's in me,
That with faith I see what is unseen
Chorus 
To hear with my heart,
To see with my soul,
To be guided by a hand I cannot hold,
To trust in a way that I cannot see,
That's what faith must be.
That's what faith must be.


In my darkest hour, when all seems to crumble upon me, He whispers in my ear: I am here.

He is there for you too, dear child. 
Have faith life a child; so simple, so trusting.
Reach out and grasp the Masters hand.


All text © 2011 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2012 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-