Monday, November 7, 2011

Just one of those days.


   It is just one of those days. Up early, working on school all day. Then there is all those little things that just seem to go wrong all at the same time. You can't drive because your aren't on the insurance plan yet. You just heard from your sister who is one year older than you, that she gets to go to New York for a whole day; just one more thing she gets to do and you don't. You can't get a job until you move, and right now the economy is not in the best state for hopeful movers. All those little problems add stress, which leads to worry, which ultimately is a sign of pride. You start finding everything that is going wrong in your life, and adding it to the pile. This, this and this are all going wrong. I can't do this because of that. She gets to do that but I don't. Then you start to bicker and whine and get on everybody's nerves. Now you feel even worse because no one wants to be around you because of all your worrying and complaining. And soon it is all one big mess, all because you chose to complain about your trials rather than rejoice in them.

   My day started out like this, and almost ended like this. But as I felt myself get into that state of worry and complaining that I find myself fall into so many times, I remembered to cast it all on God. He promised He would be there to take away our worries. [1 Peter 5:6-7] Though the problems are still there, the worry and anxiety are not. Oh what a thought! All that stress, all that worry and anxiety for your future doesn't have to be there. You can cast it all on God! Granted you will still worry, you will still have anxiety about your life and the future, but you will also have a Heavenly Father who is willing to take that away. Trust Him. 

   And then I realized. Why am I worrying? Is worrying really going to add one more day to my life? Besides, the things I am worrying about our temporary. Should I not be focused on God and His Word? Those will never change. For:

"All flesh is like grass
   and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
   and the flower falls,
but the word of the Lord remains forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25

   The Word of the Lord remains forever. Our little problems and anxieties are only temporary, they will last for a short while. But God and His unchanging Word are forever. That does not mean that our problems mean nothing. But should those problems be our focus?  

   So today, tomorrow, or the next day; when you feel tempted to worry or complain about something that just doesn't seem to go your way, look to God and remember He is there to take ALL your cares, anxieties and worries away. He loves you, dear child, and He calls out to you to take His hand. 

   What has your day been like? Is there some trial or worry that just doesn't want to go away? Some anxiety that has been causing you stress for weeks? Tell me about it, and we can cast our cares on God together!


Seek Him First,
All text © 2011 Footprints in the Sand | All Images © 2011 Hislight Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jolly great of you to comment! I do so love to hear from my readers. I encourage civil discussions, informative comments and suggestions (the small praise shan’t go amiss), and enormous amounts creativity.

:: Note :: If you posted a question, I will reply to your comment on this post.

If you have a concern, comment, suggestion, etc, that you'd like a quick reply to, email or twitter will work best!-