Monday, September 15, 2014
Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.
So when you are given a difficult situation, simply turn it in to an adventure.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
It seems even the sky mourns for America this morning.
To all those who fought for freedom,
to all our military men and woman;
to those who volunteered their time, their lives,
to the families and friends who lost loved ones;
those who paid the sacrifice in life or death,
I salute you.
Thirteen years ago, we came under attack from terrorists determined to break the will and spirit of the American people. They did not succeed.
Thousands of Americans lost their lives on that terrible morning, and we will never forget what they did, all that they went through, and all that they go through for the United States of America today. And I am honored to remember them this day, for it is in their names that we, as a nation, continue to pursue the cause of freedom.
To close, I am honored to be an America; proud, right and true, of that fact. And I will do what it takes, before God, to uphold her founding documents, to ensure justice and liberty for all, to fight for freedom and peace in this hurting country, and to fight to the last against anyone who wants to harm her.
Let never forget today, nor the thousands we lost.
May God bless America; and truly, may America bless God!
Monday, September 8, 2014
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12|
Hi. Well if you didn't know already, I've caved and gotten an Instagram account. And my word, it's a blast! I've had so much fun taking artistic pictures of everyday life happenings, and seeing little glimpses into the lives of some of my friends.
In light of this, I'm going to periodically post Instagram Muses on my blog as a photo collage of the highlights of different weeks (in photo format, obviously).
Here are a few thoughts on the above photos:
photos // (L to R)
1. ever needing to remind ourselves that each and every day truly matters
3. what i'm reading. surprised by joy (c.s. lewis), one of my favorite, favorite books
4. also reading g.k. chesterton's fabulous complete father brown series (includes 5 books). if you haven't tried reading chesterton, please, please do!
5. my succulent finally has a home in a vintage jasmine tea can. makes me so happy
6. “he found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.” - j.r.r. tolkien, the fellowship of the ring | autumn can't come soon enough
7. mused ship i painted on the outside of my journal. i would be content painting ships for the rest of my life
8. “i cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house." ― nathaniel hawthorne, the american notebooks [notebook, Oct. 10, 1842] | the last of the summer days, for autumn is nearly here. i'm really excited for autumn, if you can't tell
9. crazy sisters, we are. shot from a going-away party for my sister two weeks ago. she's moving 5 some states away from me, and i'm going to miss her an awful lot
10. regram of my weekly quote from last week. such a wonderful quote: "it's remarkable how quickly a good and favorable wind can sweep away the maddening frustrations of shore living." - ernest k. gann
11. it poured a few days ago, and my family's dog Indy was being a bit grumpy on not being able to go outside
12. got my 4 wisdom teeth out friday morning, still recovering from it as we speak. this is a shot of me a few hours after i got them out...all chipmunk chubby and whatnot
Well that's a few little muses from the last week and a half, or so. Hope you enjoyed a few, more personal, glimpses into my life.
What's this past week been like for you? Or an even better question, what's a good book you've been reading lately?
If you're on instagram, I'd love to connect!