|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12|
Well, this is my second post in a sort of monthly installment of my Instagram muses. Snapshots of a little lately in my life. I'm going on the assumption that you'd actually want to see snapshots of my life.
This post encompasses shots from the beginning of September to October 9th. The last shot is taken of me in California, and coming in a few days will be a full-feature post on California (so stay tuned)!
Below are my thoughts on the above photos:
photos // (L to R)
1. autumn writings. notes, old postcards, brown-paper packages, string and gift tags, and then of course, tea. all the lovely things that come with note-writing this time of year
2. a shot of my backyard one wonderful evening in september. took this right before i went out the door to evening church. it was an incredible kind of evening
3. part of my weekly quote series and part of a new print series i'm working on ... well, slowly working on. haven't had much time of late. but it will be up in my shop soon here. i'm also going to launch a giveaway for one custom print, once the new prints are in the shop. so you should stay tuned for that!
4. a lovely shot from a fun interview/blog post i collaborated on last month. plus an inspiring quote to go along with it: "God creates out of nothing. wonderful you say. yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners.” -søren kierkegaard
5. i drank 2 big bottles (some 50 oz each bottle) of this amazing tea last month, while doing economics homework late into the night. this is one of my absolute favorite bottled teas6. had quite a few nearly intolerably stressful weeks last month (well, and this month too), and so i took to my car and just drove (while also blasting the country music). i find that driving, with no destination in sight, is a healing balm for a weary heart. you should try it. i guarantee it'll make a world of difference (well, unless you're the sort that can't drive yet or who dislikes driving ... then i'm afraid this won't do you much good)
7. one of my favorite shots ever. me holding my precious niece, Jacquelyn just a few days after she was born (september 16). i love her to the moon and back, and then some more. and i'm an aunt for the first time too! so happy
8. september skies, my view of the blue ridge mountains
9. got this really fantastic book at an antique store a few weeks ago. so enjoying it. it's called: the book of old ships and something of their evolution and romance, drawn by gordon grant and text by henry b. culver. makes me love ships and the sea so much more than i already do
10. this is one of my favorite paintings from the aforementioned book. it's located inside the cover, and it's called the constitution and guerrière by michael corné (new haven colony historical society)
11. this painting is part of my creative pay-it-forward art challenge i took up this year. on the far right side of the painting, which you can't see in the photo, is this quote: "pooh?" said piglet. "yes?" said pooh. "nothing", said piglet. "i just wanted to be sure of you." -a.a. milne, winnie the pooh
12. this photo was taken while i was in california last week for my brother's wedding. i had just finished a 2-mile run along the shoreline. as i mentioned above, coming in a few days will be a full-feature post on my trip to California (mainly just photos of the sea, as were by the shore most of the week i was there)
Well mates, there you are. Just a little glimpse into the life Charity Klicka.